Head to Heal is always looking for inspiring cookbooks and we carry a new one that fits the bill in the Wholistic dispensary! It is called Joyous Cookbook by nutritionist Joy McCarthy. It is chock full of delicious easy recipes and great nutritional information. Her Gluten Free Pizza Crust recipe is a keeper. It is protein and fiber rich. It makes enough for one 12 inch pizza crust.
- 1 ¾ cup of ground almonds
- ½ cup garbanzo beans (chickpea) flour
- 1 cup shredded hard goat cheese
- 4 tbsp of ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp of garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- dash of sea salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup of water
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a food processor, pulse goat cheese until it becomes granular size. Add almonds, chickpea/garbanzo flour, ground flaxseed, garlic powder, and salt. Blend together. Remove from the food processor and place in a large bowl and combine together all remaining ingredients: eggs, oil, water and mix thoroughly
- Spread large parchment paper over a cooking sheet. Place dough on parchment paper and spread around with a spatula or use a pizza stone and spread to desired thickness
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and top with whatever your heart fancies. Pizza sauce, kale pesto, olives whatever you normally like to see on your pizza
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes then cool to your satisfaction and dig in!
When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie – that’s amore!