We are thrilled to have recipes from the nutritionist and soon-to-be Traditional Chinese Medicine doctor, Hayley Stobbs-Ziegler. She has a website set to launch ieatrealfood.recipes, where you can find more of her recipes. Hayley creates delicious recipes that are healthy and these three contributions are her ode to hemp!
Grain-Free Hemp Heart Cereal
Hands-On Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 2 Cups
- 1 C hempseed
- 1 C shredded coconut
- 1 t vanilla powder, optional
- 4 T raw honey or coconut syrup
- ½ t apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 t sea salt
Hemp Heart Breakfast Bowl:
- ¾ C organic yogurt, kefir, or non-dairy yogurt
- 1/3 C hemp heart cereal
- ½ C fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 250F. Add hemp and coconut to a bowl. Drizzle in sweetener and stir well. Sprinkle in the sea salt and vanilla powder while mixing.
- Grease a baking pan or line with parchment paper. Evenly spread the hemp mixture onto the pan without pressing or clumping. Transfer to oven and bake for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool. The seed clusters will harden or ‘set’ after they are no longer warm, approximately 30 – 40 minutes after baking. If handled before setting the mixture will crumble.
- Break into pieces. Transfer to an airtight container or jar and refrigerate to store.
- Serve with yogurt and fresh berries.