Summertime is the time to embrace the refreshing tastiness of homespun paletas. Whereas the traditional popsicle tends to be little more then food colouring and sugar, their Mexican counterparts, the Paleta, is a rich variety of textures and flavours, turning every good paleta into a distinctly refreshing memory. These ones are dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar free too and they are so tasty!
Prep time: 10 min
Makes: 10 paletas
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 6 ripe bananas peeled and sliced
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup strawberries or raspberries
- ¼ lemon juice squeezed
- In a saucepan, add the water, coconut sugar, ripe bananas and whole strawberries/raspberries and cook on low for 15 minutes or until they fall apart.
- Blend the mixture together with ¼ lemon squeezed.
- Stir in coconut milk until all ingredients are well blended.
- Pour the mixture into the popsicle molds and put in the freezer.
- After 30 minutes remove from the freezer, insert the popsicle stick and put back in freezer to eat 2 hours+ later.