This is a longstanding favourite in our house. We make extra big batches and freeze it so we can have a weekly feast of green thai curry over veggies and non-genetically modified tofu. It is simply delicious!
Note: Note this makes enough for a lot of curry paste to freeze
- 2 tbsp whole coriander seeds
- 4 tsp whole cumin seed
- 4 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 inch piece of ginger peeled
- 1 cup chopped shallots or 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 jalepeno peeled with seeds
- 2 tbsp lemongrass paste
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 bunches fresh cilantro
- juice of 2 lime
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 cup olive or avocado oil
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor.
- Using a wok if you have one, combine a half can of coconut milk with about 6 tbsp (or more or less) of this paste. Bring to a simmer.
- You can use any veggies you want and for your protein you can use baked non-GMO tofu or add chicken instead.
To Make A Stir Fry/Curry with this delectable sauce:
You will need the following ingredients:
- 4 big Potatoes
- 1 package of Non-GMO tofu
- 1 Japanese eggplant (or 2 if smaller)
- 1 can of Coconut milk
- 8 (or more) shitake mushrooms
- 1 cup to 2 cups worth of Baby bok choy or veggies of your choice
- Short grain brown rice or your choice of rice – also not necessary if you are avoiding grains
- Add about 1 ½ cup of chopped potato and cover
- While the potatoes are simmering, broil 1 brick of cubed firm tofu that has been tossed in some wheat free tamari/soy sauce and sesame oil until browned.
- When the potatoes are partially cooked, add about 1 ½ cups of chopped japanese/chinese eggplant (the long, thin eggplant, not the globe eggplant), 1 cup chopped shitake mushroom and the rest of the coconut milk.
- Transfer the broiled tofu to the wok at this point as well. Simmer until veggies are cooked.
- A couple minutes before taking off the heat, add in some chopped veggies of your choice. I like bok choy or beet greens. Finally add a good squeeze of fresh lime.
- Serve over brown rice.