These come from the authors of one of our favourite cookbooks Nourishing Meals (available at the Head to Heal Dispensary). They are super fast and tasty. A delectable combination when trying to eat well on those full days!
Yield: 6 patties
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 3 to 4 green onions or 1 leek chopped
- 2 peeled and chopped carrots
- 1 large handful fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Herbamare or more to taste
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup overflowing of garbonzo beans
- Olive oil
- Using a food processor with the “S” blade, process the green onions, carrots, parsley and Herbamare until it is ground. Add the cooked brown rice and chickpeas and then process again until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon or so of olive oil and place a large dollop of the chickpea batter in the skillet. Flatten gently into a burger shape with your flipper. If your pan should be hot it will take 2 to 3 minutes per side to cook.