This comes from a new cookbook we have at the Wholistic Dispensary called Well Fed: Paleo recipes for people who love to eat. And this recipe is so tasty that it is indeed one people will love to eat! The cookbook has many other amazing recipes too like her mayonnaise and her salad dressings definitely insipiring whether you are following a paleo diet or just eating real food (JERF).
- Juice of 1 lime (~ 2 tbsp.)
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves minced
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs of large shrimp (deveined)
- In a small bowl squeeze the lime juice and then add the red pepper flakes, garlic, ginger, salt, black pepper and cilantro. Mix well with a fork, then drizzle with oil and stir constantly.
- Rinse shrimp in water pat dry and then place the shrimp in a medium sized bowl with the marinade. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the gas grill on high heat with the lid closed for 10 minutes. Thread the shrimp on a skewer and leave a little room between each of the shrimp so they do not steam. Grill for 2 minutes per side with the lid closed.